About Me

My photo
Brooklyn girl cooking in her Brooklyn world...
Love my blog? Wanna satisfy that sweet tooth? Come find me at The Cake Monologues. Interested in having us at your next event? Contact me at: marketing@thecakemonologues.com.

Please direct general inquiries to admin@thecakemonologues.com & cake sales/donations to sales@thecakemonologues.com.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

First Blog on Blogspot!

Spinach Stuffed Chicken with Jasmine Rice
...and I've been talked into blogging once again but this time it's all about the cakes (and other foods too).


For those who don't know me personally, my name is Latoya S. Snell, owner of Brooklyn's home based business, The Cake Monologues.  You can call me the butter cream queen, the Brooklyn cake magician on a mission or just Toya.  Either way, I still have love for you.  


It's Me!  Latoya S. Snell
Photo credits:  W. Eric Snell of  E. Snell Design
I hope that I will be able to share some of my self taught recipes, give some tips here and there about the world of pastries and please don't be fooled...this larger than life Brooklyn gal likes to throw down in the kitchen.  With that being said, check out my Blogspot from time to time to visually taste some of my good home cooking and if I'm not being a sucka...I'll share some recipes with you.  


The Cake Monologues
Please feel free to check out my website, www.thecakemonologues.com and if you are moved by some of the voodoo that I do (hehehehe), please order a cake or two.  Currently, I am able to deliver within the New York City area and part of New Jersey unless it is a special order.  Anyone who has me as a Facebook friend know that I love to post up all different types of dishes and baby, I don't discriminate.  


My mouth is kinda...eh, colorful at times but if you touched the knives that I've crossed in the kitchen, your mouth wouldn't be so pretty either.  I have a passionate love for poetry (hence the business name) so don't be surprised if you see a poem or six on here.


Please share your thoughts, opinions...good, bad, ugly and the oh no you didn't heifers, with me.  If you have a question or two, send it to me and I will try my best to help you.  I love you all already and this is my first post.   Feel free to follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/cakemonologues or click here.  Don't be afraid to fan The Cake Monologues on Facebook by clicking the link on the side of this blog or clicking here.  I promise not to call you a stalker unless you're lurking near my window at 2AM. 


Buona Notte!


Latoya Shauntay

2 comments:

  1. Love Love Love L.S. Snell's Cake Monologues... divine inspiration, mixed with dedication and baked to Perfection! Everyone deserves a taste~ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. it's really a good contribution to us guys not good at cakes, you know i did some cakes before but the taste it's not good, then i quit, so if you have interesting, you can load to cheap gucci handbags

    visit my new make up, give me your advice, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete